Our company SOFIC SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ is implementing a project entitled: “A new way of building heavy- duty vessels based on additive printing from an ecological crystalline composite based on a mineral binder reinforced with directional steel fiber”.
The project received funding from the Operational Program NORW.00.00.00 Priority axis 19 Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 Measure 19.1 New Products and Investments Sub-measure 19.1.2 Innovations in the area of inland or sea waters – Blue growth Application number: NORW.19.01.02-22-0005/22
The total value of the project: PLN 3,510,500.00
The value of eligible project costs: PLN 2,854,000.00
Value of the grant awarded: PLN 1,417,000.00
PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The aim of the project is to increase the competitiveness of our company by implementing a new production technology using an ecological crystalline composite based on a mineral binder reinforced with oriented steel fiber, which will be applied in additive printing. The new technology is our own idea and thanks to its implementation, we will be able to produce heavy-duty vessels, which, compared to objects manufactured using currently available methods, will have attractive advantages from the investor”s point of view and will protect sea and inland waters.
METHOD OF IMPLEMENTATION
As part of the project, we will commission the development of a crystalline composite based on a mineral binder, which will be used in additive printing. We will also commission a calculation model for a new range of products and develop a concept for a new unit. We will purchase fixed assets: a CNC machining center, a hull mould and a working boat. We will acquire consulting services to implement the sales strategy, engineering and design services and services related to the protection of the created industrial property. We will also conduct an information and promotion campaign that will increase social awareness related to innovations in the area of marine and inland waters.
The implementation of the project will result in the achievement of the following objectives:
1. We will extend our offer by innovative products and technologies,
2. We will respond to customer needs, which will result in increasing market share and generating higher income,
3. We will reduce the consumption of electricity, materials and CO 2 emissions,
4. We will offer added value on the socio-economic level resulting from increased employment, social initiatives and support for local business,
5. We will increase the transfer of knowledge between the science sector and industry, through cooperation with a scientific unit,
6. We will contribute to the development of bilateral relations between Poland and Norway, thanks to the partnership with the Norwegian company.
The project will be implemented in our company”s branch in Skrzeszewo from October 2022. by the end of April 2024.